Ph.D. Purdue University, 1986
M.S. Purdue University, 1981
B.S. Virginia Tech, 1978
Interest Areas: herbaceous perennial plants, greenhouse production, plant growth regulation.
Dr. Latimer is the Extension Specialist for Greenhouse Crops for Virginia. She assists local VCE agents in solving grower problems and develops educational programming for commercial greenhouse operators. She also serves as an educational advisor to the Virginia Flower Growers Association. Dr. Latimer conducts research on plant growth and development with an emphasis on growth regulation of herbaceous perennials. She also works with conditioning, plant/pest relationships, and production of greenhouse-grown crops.
- 2010 Ag Alumni Award for Excellence in Outreach
- 2010 Horticulture Initiative Award, Southeast Color Connection
- 2009 Achievement Award for Extension Excellence, National Assoc. of County Ag. Agents
- 2007 CALS Outreach Excellence Award for the America’s Anniversary Garden (with B. Appleton, L. DuBois, D. Close)
- 2005 Gamma Sigma Delta Extension Excellence Award